
For the past few days, I have been remembering people who are no longer here.
People who I miss. People who I can't believe are gone and will never see them again.
Its creepy how these realizations hit me from time to time!!
You think it hits you once when they pass away, it doesn't, at least for me.
One of those people is my grandmother, who passed away suddenly 6 months ago……I loved my grandmother.. Loved the way she looked so proud when the entire family is around her, specially her grandchildren, she was the only person who would actually eat my lousy attempts of making cakes when I was younger, and would actually complement it no matter how it tasted.
She was a neat person, who had a nice peaceful routine, a woman who developed a lot of patience to many things in life.She became a widow at age 31!! and raised alone 6 sons & daughter untell they became the best models of fathers and mothers...she sacrified every thing for their happiness and devoted so much love to them..
I loved watching her have breakfast with her usual Turkish coffee.. loved having breakfast with her.. I miss you grandma!!!!!!!! I still remember like if it was yesterday when we went together to Omrah with my father and brother, we spent there days of our best during the holy month nof ramadan.
I always miss her in the happy occasions and wish she was there to share it with us. She would tell me these stories whenever I napped with her in the afternoon ( where did they ever get this patience), the story of the little fox, Shater Hasan, stories I could never get tired from hearing.
All those memories trigger a sense of smell that brings me back to those days, I would do anything to relive it, somehow it seemed to be a more peaceful time, for me and maybe for the rest of the family.
Things were simpler then...Simple is good.
I believe we will all gather again at Akhera in Jannah Inshalla....We all for God and we will all return to him...


1 comment:
Allah yer7amha insha2allah.. she was a unique personality indeed
Post a Comment